Friday, January 11, 2008

Christmas and New Years

The holidays were such a blur and although we enjoyed the season, I breathed a sigh of relief when the holiday decorations went back to the attic and the tree went out back, to the forest of Christmas trees past. We went to church Christmas Eve and then headed to Ciocia Irene and Wojek Stasiu's house, were there was an appearance made by Santa Claus himself. We had fun visiting with everyone and the kids had fun playing with their cousins(nephews). The kids slept in on Christmas morning and not a creature was stirring (except maybe the cats)until almost 8am. We spend some time finding out what Santa brought before heading out to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Kim and Will announced the gender of their baby that is due in May. It looks like there will be another granddaughter. Gavin and Harrison watch out! After visiting with family we went to a friends home to finish the Christmas festivities. It was an enjoyable holiday but a little too much rushing around and trying to get everyone ready and supplies packed, so next year we may have a Christmas open house here and just stay home on the 25th.
New Years Eve was pretty laid back. We had friends over and their kids, which are of similar in age to ours so everyone had someone to play with. We made it to midnight but unfortunately I missed the ball drop because I had just stepped out of the room to open the champagne. After watching the celebration in New York, I was glad to be home and in a warm house with a bathroom. I guess I must getting old! I will know for sure when I stop listening to new music and just start listening to oldies from the 80's and 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment