Saturday, April 26, 2008

Weekend fun!

On Friday night we went to the annual dinner dance for the parents of children going to Violet's school. The theme was Marti Gras and I decided to be on the committee this year. I was so impressed with how much hard work this committee does in working out all the details of this event. We had fun planning it and even more fun at the party. It was held at a local beach club and there was a great band. Why is it that the woman on the dance floor always outnumber the men by at least 3:1 There were some wonderful gift baskets but I sadly did not win a thing this time. There is always next year and a few more after that since Gavin won't graduate from 4th grade until 2017. I took a few blackmail pictures but I will withhold their names to protect the guilty!!! The old saying "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" does not apply to this function. Haha

On Saturday we got up early and went back to the beach club for a 9:30am walk to raise money for a local community dinning room. I was surprised to see several of the other "dancers" there too. They gave us food and coffee, had a live band with steel drums (felt like I was in the FL Keys except for the cold wind) and had a magician making balloon animals for the kids. The balloon thing was great until they popped and then Violet had huge meltdown because the magician had already left. The walk was very scenic and a good portion of it was right along the waterfront. I found several dream houses along the way. We put Gavin and Marina side by side in the double jogger but as soon as Gavin finished his bagel, he started teasing Marina by putting his foot on her leg. This started to drive her crazy so he spend the rest of the time on my back in a buckle Mei Tai carrier, which put him to sleep right away. Tomorrow Zoe is having a book club meeting and I am going to be setting up an old piece of furniture from my grandfathers dentist office.

I have several friends and my brother and SIL that are about to have babies any day now so I am anxiously awaiting some news! Suzy also is pregnant again and due with her third child in Oct. Congratulations Suzy and you are going to be one busy girl but don't worry, it's all good... okay, maybe not ALL good but mostly good :-)

Marina, Gavin and Mommy listening to the band.


No comments:

Post a Comment