I was away but DJ had an action packed weekend with the kids. Zoe went horseback riding for the first time and then DJ brought the kids to the playground in the afternoon. The next day the kids were bugging him to bring them to the aquarium and he decided it might not be the best idea to have a 1:4 adult to kid ratio. VERY SMART! He did bring them to a local children's museum though. They had a good time especially in the make believe town area complete with a Dr's office, post office, restaurant, TV station, Fire station and grocery store. Monday grandma came over to join DJ and the kids for the Memorial day parade. Violet marched with her Daisy troop and Zoe marched with her Girl Scout group. Luckily they took some good pictures but I missed seeing them in the parade
I made sure before I went that the house was fully stocked with easy to prepare meals and a list of what was available for each meal and side dishes. He tends to just make them the main dish and forget anything else (IE fruits and veggies). All in all I was impressed that he managed to not have the kids trash the house and he felt confident enough to take them on an outing. Of course I came back to lots of laundry and but the trip was well worth it.
Zoe marching in the middle

Violet, on the right with tan pants

Grandma and Gavin

Gavin and his godmother

Grandma and Gavin watching the parade
No comments:
Post a Comment